Lean Six Sigma Education
Green Belt Certification
Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belts are globally recognised as skilled project leaders and valuable team members who deliver through their improvement projects sustainable results that matters to customers and their companies. They are knowledgeable about Lean Six Sigma methods and tools, and experienced in applying Lean Six Sigma methodologies in their work. Lean Six Sigma Green Belts use a structured fact-based problem solving approach, analytical methods, and leadership competence to lead small project teams.
Six Sigma and Lean Management are nowadays common methodologies used to run improvement projects by many successful organizations around the globe.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belts are professionals, who lead improvement projects in their functional areas, or participate as Green Belts on Lean Six Sigma Black Belt projects. Green Belt projects follow the DMAIC methodology where projects are properly Defined, problems Measured, thoughtfully Analysed, processes Improved, and finally Controlled in order to sustain implemented solutions over time.
green BELT ROLE:
- Drives process improvements in their workplace
- Leads or participates on improvement projects in addition to their functional duties; they are generally not full-time project managers
- Collaborates with other team members, and internal or external business partners outside their own organization
- Assists Yellow Belts on their Lean Six Sigma learning journey
- Knowledgeable about Lean Six Sigma methodology, especially the DMAIC approach
- Expert in his/her respective area
- Open to analytics and financially aware
- Team player and leader driving improvements across her/his organization and beyond
- Customer focused
- Results driven with a desire to implement
- Able to see and to address improvement opportunities around
value to your company:
- Increased customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Better quality
- Functioning processes
- Less waste
- More engaged and loyal workforce
- Financial gains from process improvements
- Continual improvement culture, when spread out throughout your organization
value to you:
- Professional recognition highly valued on the employment market across virtually all functions, sectors and company types.
- First in class project management competencies
- Confirmed abilities to improve processes while delivering greater value to your customers and stronger business results to your company
You do not need to be a certified Yellow Belt to apply for Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
- Led and completed at least two Lean Six Sigma Green Belt projects,
- Actively participated as a team member on at least three Lean Six Sigma Black Belt projects,
- Led at least one Lean Six Sigma Green Belt project, and participated on at least two Black Belt project.
- Completed the Business Excellence Academy Green Belt educational program, or its equivalent
- Passed Lean Six Sigma Green Belt exam
- Register for your Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
- Take an on-line Green Belt exam* (an open-book test with multiple-choice questions)
- Submit your project portfolio*
- Receive your Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certificate or a feedback
* Currently available in English only.
“It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and then do your best.”
— W. Edwards Deming
- Certification Fee: €299 VAT-exclusive
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification is a life-time recognition.
It does not require a re-certification.
typical Green belt project:
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt projects generally:
- focus on process improvements in your functional area
- does not have a suitable solution available when the project starts
- require a small team (around three to five people) to collaborate
- implement an improvement in praxis
- are completed within three months
Here are few examples of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt projects:
- Reduce application time for a bank loan
- Decrease changeover time at a specific machine
- Eliminate errors in invoice processing
- Remove unnecessary tools and spare parts in your work area
- Improve right-first time call resolution for complaints related to packaging
- Free up a bottleneck machine or operation
- Reduce inventories for a specific product
- Eliminate unmanageable workload peaks