Lean Six Sigma Education
Master Black Belt Certification
The Master Black Belt (MBB) certification is the highest recognition in Lean Six Sigma. In fact, MBBs often possess exceptional leadership capabilities and strong analytical abilities. Coupled with a passion for improvements and business transformations, they drive transformational changes. With other words, MBBs also design and implement Lean Six Sigma transformations. Furthermore, they train, coach and mentor numerous project teams at the same time.
Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belts (MBB) act as internal consultants and change agents in their organisations. The MBB certification is for experienced project and program management professionals. Typically, the MBBs have been supporting multiple Lean Six Sigma project teams over years. Indeed, they have been assisting their organisations to deliver significant business results.
Master black belt Role:
- Leads major strategic cross-functional improvement projects and programs
- Assists organizations to set a winning strategy, and define corresponding strategic, tactical and operational projects
- Staffs project managers and project teams
- Trains, coaches and mentors Lean Six Sigma
- Helps teams to remove obstacles on their process improvement journeys
- Facilitates improvement workshops
- Is a sparing partner to senior executives
- Leadership capabilities, incl. ability to lead change across hierarchies, and functional and organisational boundaries
- Strategic mindset
- Broad business knowledge
- Extensive project and program management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong Lean Six Sigma know-how
- Ability to teach, facilitate, coach and mentor
value for your company:
- Master Black Belts assist organisations to enhance their organizational competencies, to achieve significant financial gains, and to fulfil strategic objectives.
- They architect and implement lasting behaviour changes.
value for you:
- Professional recognition which is highly valued on today’s market across all sectors
- In other words, greater value on the employment market worldwide
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- 5 years of relevant professional experience
MBB CERTIFICATION CRITERIA:
- Successfully completed at least three cross-functional Lean Six Sigma projects (at least one MBB and two BB projects)
- Actively coached at least 10 Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt projects
- Trained all Black Belt training modules, and acted as Lean Six Sigma trainer for 250 teaching hours or more
- Delivered through Lean Six Sigma projects annualised and normalized* financial savings of €2.000.000 or more, or a revenue contribution of at least €4.000.000. Or, a combination of both.
- Completed the Business Excellence Academy Master Black Belt educational program
- Passed Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt exam and competency based interview
* As savings might be easier to achieve in some countries than others, the different cost levels will be taken into consideration. This means that MBBs practicing in low-cost countries fulfil this certification requirement also with lower than €2m annualized savings equivalent.
- Register for your Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt (MBB) Certification.
- Submit your MBB Experience Portfolio
- Receive a feedback on your MBB Experience Portfolio
- Register for MBB exam
- Pass the Master Black Belt exam*
- Schedule your MBB Competency Interview
- Receive feedback from your MBB Competency Interview
- When successful; receive your Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certificate
* Currently available in English only.
“Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.”
— W. Clement Stone
MBB CErtification Fee:
- Certification Fee: €2.490 VAT-exclusive
The certification is valid for five years.
After that; MBBs can re-certify through their experience and further education..